BLUE REVOLVER [v0.51 demo]
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
v0.51 is here! Changelog :
- The game should now control far better when using analog sticks on gamepads. (Changed deadzone)
- Added borderless fullscreen mode - recommended for OSX.
- Added vsync option.
- Added a small ammo bar at the top of the screen to assist in ammo management.
- Fixed an issue where resuppliers would sometimes give an inconsistent amount of ammunition.
- Fixed an issue where poor performance would make the game enter a "turbo mode" for a short period of time.
- Fixed an issue where stages could be skipped by mashing buttons.
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash if paused on the game over screen.
BLUE REVOLVER is a fresh new manic shooter for PC, OS X and Linux - inspired by the greats of CAVE and Raizing, and featuring the rabbit-eared technical genius "Mae" on the run from the forces of maniac environmental police "Blue Revolver" ☆ Fight through hordes of popcorn enemies, punch through blockades of big baddies and weave through frantic bullet patterns - and do all the above with a flourish for a high score!
This is a 3-stage demo, and not representative of the final product ★ Everything you see, hear and shoot in this release is subject to tweaks, change or programmer tantrums ☆ While there's a lot to get your teeth into here, the full game will feature 5 stages, a daily challenge mode, a hard-as-nails Parallel mode and more!
We're hosting a Score Challenge!
Get a score of over 20 million and email a youtube / twitch VOD to email@example.com to get your name in the full version's credits! Deadline is October 1st, so get cracking! Score challenge over! Thanks for participating!
How to Play
- Default controls are WASDJKL; or arrow keys + ZXCV.
- Fire your guns with J/Z, or hold it down for focused fire.
- Use your special weapon with K/X. There are 4 different special weapons in this demo :
- OFFENSE types are simple to use and powerful enough to clear out difficult enemies.
- DEFENSE types pay a heavy cost in ammo efficiency, but can guard you from enemy bullets for a little while.
- FINESSE types are more difficult to use, but feature excellent ammo efficiency.
- If your hand gets tired, autofire can be used with L or C...
- In a pinch, deploy a smart bomb with V or semicolon! In Normal mode, the smart bomb is deployed for you - concentrate on dodging!
- woof, Comic-Z (art)
- danbo (code)
- Momobako, Akinola (announcer VA)
- Qygen, Novaturtle (music)
- Wyrm (sound)
|Published||1 year ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||Bullet Hell, cave, Colorful, raizing, shmup, Shoot 'Em Up|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, XBox 360 controllers, Gamepad (any), Joystick|
- Windows users should extract and run the exe.
- OS X users should extract and run the app.
- There is now an experimental build for Linux users that shouldn't require you to install anything! Just extract and run the .sh file. (Ubuntu 12.04+, Fedora 20+, Linux Mint 13+, openSUSE 13.1+)
- If that doesn't work, install the LOVE2D runtime and use it to run the .love file. Please note, you need version 0.9.2 - package managers might have outdated versions.